Poké Bowls: Healthy Fast Food
CocoVail, Barcelona’s first beer hall, recently released a new menu just in time for the 1 year anniversary on October 7th, 2017. We are really excited to roll out these new additions!
Of all the choices, the freshest on the list at our bar are definitely the Poké Bowls.
Warning shameless promotion: We have to toot our horn on this one, because they are really delicious and the best part is, they are super healthy.
Here’s a little video to show how they’re made 🙂
What are Poké Bowls?
A a brief description to the neophyte is that they are healthy fast food. They are also customizable and have multiple, fresh ingredients. They are trending around the world for a reason, but don’t just take it from us.
Huffington Post describes them as “cubed raw fish, served anyway you like it.” So you will find the base of “cubed raw fish” in multiple forms and styles depending on where you go.
We’ve put a little twist to this concept, but the foundation is the same.
CocoVail’s Take on Poké Bowls
If you come during the day from 11:30 AM to 4 PM, we serve them right at the door. You can pick and choose whatever base, proteins, additions, and toppings. During the evening, we have a set menu of choices, but you can change them to your liking, of course.
The ingredients you can choose for CocoVail Poké Bowls are:
- Base: The base can be: white rice (sushi style), brown rice, or quinoa. You can also opt for a salad option with just kale or lettuce as the base. From there, you can mix and match from various options.
- Protein: Choose from salmon, tuna, crab, or tofu. It’s some killer tofu, as well… Any Doug fans in the house? If your mind needs some jostling, check out ‘Killer Tofu’ 🙂
- Salsas/ Sauces: Citric sauce, wasabi sauce, spicy mayo, and delicious soy sauce. Pro-tip- got
to try the citric with spicy mayo, just saying.
- Toppings: Carrots, avocado, edamame, cucumber, kale, wakame (Japanese seaweed), salad, corn, cherry tomatoes, red beets, and red onion.
- Endings: Sesame seeds, cilantro, crispy onion bits, and/ or ginger.
You can mix and match to find your perfect combination. They come with a refreshment when you order in the afternoon, which means you can pair your Poké Bowl with a selection from our craft beers. Ask any of our employees for suggestions.
#feelathome #CocoVail #craftbeers #barcelona